After a lot of consideration and much discussion Matt and Shanna have decided to cancel the Murray River Ride. The uncertainty of whether there will be an extension to the lockdown on top of a very likely gradual lifting of restrictions and the risk of a large gathering, particularly in light of the irresponsible actions that led to the lockdown, makes it difficult to proceed with the event. The timeframes are too tight to finalise track marking and other preparations now that stay at home orders are in place.
The VERA SMC fully supports this decision and thanks the ROs for their responsible approach as well as the care and consideration for their local community.
Refunds will be organised in the next few days. Thank you for your understanding.